Wednesday, May 6, 2009

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE


'be the change you want to see in the world'
that's what gandhi said
i want respect for the awe and wonder of nature
i want tasty locally grown organic produce that hasn't polluted the ecosystem
i want an end to factory farming and the slaughter of innocent beasts
i want a cosy home powered by renewable energy
i want clean air
i want quiet local streets where my daughter can cycle in safety
i want conversations with my neighbours
i want an excellent public transport system
i don't want my wife having to wait long hours in draughty bus shelters
i want a comfortable efficient coach service to take me on longer journeys
i want an ethical banking system
which rewards honest endeavour and shuns greed
i want justice for the poor and disenfranchised
i want compassion for those less fortunate than myself
is all of this unrealistic and impractical?
let's make it happen - today

No comments:

Post a Comment